1-800-344-3349 reservations@solmar.com
Select Page

Grand Solmar Timeshare knows for those who live in the United States and want to visit another country this fall, you will need to get a passport. But what many people do not know is that there are different kinds and which one might be the best for your travel needs. It is necessary to understand what type of passport you need and how to get it. Here is some information about the different kinds, and what to do if yours is lost or stolen while away from home.

Traveling out of the country means you need a passport.

Grand Solmar Timeshare informs vacationers about some of the most important things they need to know.

  1. Apply: An application can be easily done online. But keep in mind it must be turned in in person at the passport office. There are specific forms of ID that must accompany the passport application as well. The application process can take as long as two months and needs to be done well in advance before your trip in order to receive in time.
  2. Know the difference: Passport or Passcard. You can choose one of these two types. If you are traveling out of the country over water and by air, you will need to have the actual passport book. This is more expensive than the passcard, but it does lasts for up to 10 years. The passcard can be used when you are traveling internationally, but are not using air travel, so if you are heading to the borders of Canada or Mexico this might be your best choice. The passcard is less expensive than the passport but does have those restrictions.
  3. If lost or stolen: Whenever this situation occurs, don’t stress too much. Grand Solmar Timeshare knows that if a traveler contacts the U.S. embassy immediately, they will start the replacement process. It can be done in as little as 24 hours.